Sunday, November 7, 2010

Custard Cake


There are things that bring back sweet happy childhood memories. Living outside my home country for a long time, I cannot helped it but to miss special things, especially food, that can only be found in my home country.

I remember when I was in primary school, my Mom used to buy custard cakes from Alvarez Bakeshop for our recess. This is one of the many food that I truly missed back home :) Unfortunately, you cannot find custard cakes in bakeshops here in Australia or even in New Zealand; or if they have any it is not the same as what we have back home. Glad to say that it is not really that hard to make it!

Custard Cake is just like a Leche Flan and Chiffon cake put together. It is the effort and the passion that you put in into the recipe that will make it extra special and yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Yup Alvarez Bakeshop sells yummy products

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh this is what i love from alvarez the custard cake bec. its so delicious...

    ReplyDelete